Private Jet Charter to the Hong Kong Sevens
If you love rugby, book a private jet charter to the 2017 Hong Kong Sevens to watch some of the world’s top rugby teams compete in a three-day tournament.
If you’re a big rugby fan, book your official Hong Kong Rugby Sevens tickets today so you don’t miss out on three days of world-class rugby competition. If you’re planning to attend the event with colleagues or fellow fans, then why not consider flying by private jet? This can work out as an affordable group option and will allow you to travel in privacy, style, and comfort. Get a private jet charter quote to start planning your trip to this year’s Hong Kong Rugby Sevens.
Hong Kong Rugby Sevens History
Back in 1976, English expat Rodney Bentham-Wood decided he wanted to create a Pan-Asian rugby event, and sought help from entrepreneur and Hong Kong Rugby Club chairman A.D.C. Tokkie Smith. To reduce costs, the pair decided to cut the traditional 15-a-side teams down to seven and put on a single-day event featuring 12 teams including Indonesia, Tonga, and Fiji. Today, the tournament has morphed into one of Hong Kong’s most popular sporting and social events and has become part of the World Rugby Sevens Series.
In 2017, 18 teams including the USA, Australia, South Africa, and Uganda, are competing in the World Rugby Sevens Series in 10 different locations across five continents. The Hong Kong leg is the most famous and is renowned for its party atmosphere and crowds clad in fancy dress. This year, there’s even an opening concert on April 6th featuring Madness and The Jam. At each stop, teams are divided into pools and play in a round-robin contest, competing for series points in each round. At the end of the 10 legs, the team with the most points is crowned the Cup Champions.
2017 World Rugby Sevens Series Fixtures
Here are the dates and details for 2017’s World Rugby Sevens Series:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates: 2nd – 3rd December 2016 at the Sevens Stadium.
- Cape Town, South Africa: 10th – 11th December 2016 at Cape Town Stadium.
- Wellington, New Zealand: 28th – 29th January 2017 at Westpac Stadium.
- Sydney, Australia: 4th – 5th February 2017 at the Allianz Stadium.
- Las Vegas, USA: 3rd – 5th March 2017 at Sam Boyd Stadium.
- Vancouver, Canada: 11th -12th March 2017 at the BC Place Stadium.
- Hong Kong: 7th – 9th April 2017 at the Hong Kong Stadium, close to Hong Kong International Airport.
- Singapore: 15th – 16th April 2017 at The National Stadium Sports Hub, 18 minutes from Changi Airport.
- Paris, France: 13th – 14th May 2017 at Jean Bouin Stadium, near Charles de Gaulle Airport.
- London, England: 20th - 21st May 2017 at Twickenham Stadium, which is just 25 minutes from London Heathrow Airport.
Current standings put South Africa at the top of the World Series table followed by Fiji, England, and New Zealand. Historically, Fiji has won the series 17 times, while New Zealand has claimed 10 wins. In 2017 the tournament will also act as a qualifier for the Rugby World Cup Sevens in 2018, with the top four teams (outside of the nine that have already qualified), being entered into the competition.
How to get Hong Kong Rugby Sevens Tickets
Three-day general admission tickets to the Hong Kong Sevens cost between $443 and $514. A Sportsman’s Bar Package, which provides access to the VIP lounge with rugby-legend hosts plus food, an open bar, and official program, starts at $1,711. You can also choose from Executive Club Hospitality packages which offer access to the luxury pavilion with celebrity guest speakers, five-star buffets, and an open bar, as well as access to outdoor terraces and the stadium. Packages range from $341 to $1,023.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATION
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7