All you need to know about private jet charter from Pennsylvania to Georgia
Need to fly from Pennsylvania to Georgia? Whether you’re traveling on business, for a vacation or to attend one of Georgia’s top cultural or sporting events, get there in style by private jet charter. Flying privately offers the ultimate in comfort and convenience, with no airport queues and space to work and relax on board. Here’s our guide to hiring a private jet from Pennsylvania to the Peach State.
Top private jet airports in Pennsylvania and Georgia
Pennsylvania has dozens of airports that accommodate private jets. Here are the state’s top five:
- Philadelphia International Airport – Situated eight-and-a-half miles from the central business district (CBD) and one of the biggest airports in the state. Known as the ‘Cradle of the Nation’, Philadelphia is packed with culture, history, and art.
- Rock Airport – Lies 12 miles northeast of the CBD in Pittsburgh and is also known as Pittsburgh Northeast Airport. The city is the headquarters for a number of large companies, so it’s a popular business destination.
- Harrisburg International Airport – Located nine miles southeast of Harrisburg,Pennsylvania’s state capital sits on the Susquehanna River and is famous for its history and war museums.
- Erie International Airport – Lies five miles from Erie, near Lake Erie. The city is a popular vacation spot and sits close to Presque Isle State Park.
- Reading Regional Carl A Spaatz Field – Ideally situated for business travelers visiting Reading, which is home to over 400 large company headquarters.
Here are the top five Georgia airports:
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport – Located in Georgia’s capital, Atlanta, which is a hub for business, shopping, and nightlife. Hartsfield is one of the busiest airports in the world and lies seven miles south of Atlanta’s CBD.
- Columbus Metropolitan Airport – A popular private jet airport in Georgia’s second-largest city, which is famous for its museums and arts district. The airport is located three miles northeast of the CBD.
- Augusta Regional Airport – Located seven miles south of Augusta and formerly known as Bush Field airport. Augusta hosts the prestigious Masters golf tournament and is the former home of singer James Brown and president Woodrow Wilson.
- Savannah Hilton Head International Airport – Lies seven miles northwest of Savannah’s CBD. This historic port city was Georgia’s former state capital and is a popular sightseeing and business destination.
- Athens Ben EPPS Airport – Situated just three miles east of the city’s CBD. Athens is home to the University of Georgia and has some of the top college music and football scenes in the country.
How long is the flight from Pennsylvania to Georgia?
It takes around one-and-a-half to two hours to fly from Pennsylvania to Georgia. Exact flight times vary depending on the type of aircraft and which airports you fly in and out of. Here are some example flight times for three different types of jets and routes:
- A flight from Harrisburg International to Columbus Metropolitan Airport in a light jet, such as a Cessna Citation I, for up to five people takes just under two hours.
- Flying from Erie International to Augusta Regional Airport takes one hour 40 minutes in a midsize jet, such as a Gulfstream G150, for eight passengers.
- A flight from Philadelphia International Airport to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta takes one hour 50 minutes in a heavy jet, like a Bombardier Challenger 850, for 16 people.
How to fly from Pennsylvania to Georgia by private jet
Air Charter Service has access to over 100 private jets, which have the capacity to carry up to 19 passengers. Each aircraft boasts a variety of features including offices, bathrooms, lounges and bedrooms, as well as ample luggage space and amenities like entertainment systems. Here are some of the most popular types of aircraft to hire for private charters from Pennsylvania to Georgia:
- Hawker Beechcraft Premier I – This spacious light jet can accommodate six passengers and has a 2,356-mile range. Enjoy a unique stand-up cabin with folding tables, four club seats, two forward seats and a bathroom.
- Embraer Legacy 500 – If you’re looking for something bigger, this mid-size jet is perfect for up to nine passengers, with an impressive 3,448-mile range. The jet boasts an increased cabin length, lavatory and entertainment center.
- Dassault Falcon 900EX – One of the top options in the heavy jet category. This Dassault can seat up to 14 passengers and has a long cabin with a lavatory and three separate living areas, including an office. The jet has a range of 5,461 miles and comes with entertainment center and private flight attendant.
Cost of chartering a private jet from Pennsylvania to Georgia
So, how much does it actually cost to hire a private jet? The price of chartering a jet to fly from Pennsylvania to Georgia varies depending on the airports you use and which type of aircraft you hire. As an example, a popular route from Philadelphia International Airport to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport would cost approximately $15,000 to $33,600 in a light jet, or between $15,900 and $48,600 in a mid-size jet. If you want to hire a heavy jet, prices range from $27,400 to $80,100.
Use our flight estimator tool to get a quote for your journey and don’t forget to check out our empty leg flights from Pennsylvania to Georgia for discounts. To avoid returning aircraft to their airport of origin empty, these flights are often discounted by up to 75 percent. You can keep an eye on our updated list of empty leg private jet charters here.
Top 2018 events in Georgia
Georgia hosts hundreds of annual festivals, events and fairs throughout the year, including music concerts and world-famous sporting tournaments. Arrange a private jet charter to these top Georgia events in 2018:
- Masters Golf Tournament – The 82nd edition of golf’s most prestigious tournament is scheduled for April 5-8 at the world-famous Augusta National Golf Club.
- Savannah Food and Wine Festival – A week-long festival from November 5-11 featuring hundreds of food stalls, regional and international wines, and culinary events like cooking classes.
- Music Midtown – This is one of Georgia’s largest music festivals, which takes place in September (2018 dates to be confirmed). Enjoy a weekend of diverse music in Atlanta’s Piedmont Park.
- International Cherry Blossom Festival – Taking place in Macon from March 16-25. See the city’s 350,000 Yoshino cherry trees come into bloom and watch parades, live music and fireworks.
- Fountain City Mardi Gras Festival – Columbus is hosting a family-friendly Mardi Gras carnival with music, dancing, pageants, art and food trucks on Saturday March 10.
Want to attend one of these Georgia events? Get a private jet charter quote to fly from Pennsylvania to Georgia in style.